What is personal data?
Your personal data includes information about you such as your name, address, and email. It also includes information such as your IP address and your cookies.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer, phone, or similar device, which allows us to recognize and remember you.
Why do we collect personal data?
- Our Privacy Principles
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technology
- Contact Information
Our Privacy Principles
Information We Collect
All the personal information we collect is related to providing the Platform and its features and falls into three general categories:
- Information you provide to us
- Information collected automatically
Information You Provide
We may ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between us and you. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features of the Platform.
You don’t need to register for a MH Health Coaching account in order to visit or use our Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Account Information – When you register any kind of MH Health Coaching account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook or Google and don’t give your permission to share it with MH Health Coaching), your age, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address, and payment verification information.
- Profile Information – you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on MH Health Coaching – for example:
- your real name
- the city and country in which you live
- your gender if you wish to provide it
- any additional information you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself
- Communications – When you communicate with MH Health Coaching by email or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Survey Information – If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information – We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit and links you click on.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in.
- Location Data – When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalized content).
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about the device itself.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make in your Settings.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Platform
- To operate and maintain your MH Health Coaching account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Your email will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activity.
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- To improve your experience on the Platform by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by MH Health Coaching or its partners.
- Ads are more effective when they are shown to people who are likely to be interested in the product or service advertised. For this reason, we use the information we collect and receive to help us select which ads to show you on behalf of advertisers. This includes information you choose to provide to us (e.g. age and gender) and make available to us when you interact with the Platform (e.g. by listening, liking or creating playlists), as well as general location data. We may also display ads based on the page you’re on or content you have recently viewed, searched, or listened to. This allows us to show you ads that will likely be more relevant and interesting to you.
- When we engage third party services such as ad-networks and exchanges that enable us showing you targeted ads, we may also allow them to collect certain information such as cookie data and device identifiers. That information is used to synch or match users to segments and serve targeted advertising, including based on device activity, inferred interests, and general location information.
- Combine information we collect about you with information from business partners and use it to serve more relevant advertising.\
- We may use your data for other purposes, provided we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and provided that you consent to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of Your Information
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Platform may be shared by you or by us.
- With Your Consent – We will disclose your information if you have agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information, including the purpose(s) for which we will use the data.
- Service Providers – We use a variety of third party service providers to provide services to us or to our users on our behalf. These service providers have access to your information solely to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us. We need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
- Advertising – We share the data collected about you, generally in hashed, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and advertising service providers and business partners in order to serve ads based on your interests and measure the reach and effectiveness of those ads, including whether a user took an action (e.g. purchase a product). We may also share cookie data and device identifiers with service providers for data matching purposes, in order to improve ad targeting.
- Social Media – We may share your email address (in hashed form, so that it does not identify you) with Facebook in order to target you with ads for MH Health Coaching products on Facebook and on third party websites and applications in the Facebook Audience Network. We also allow Facebook and other social media platforms to collect information through cookies and similar technologies like pixels in order to serve ads for MH Health Coaching on those third party websites and apps and drive users to our Platform. In order to measure the effectiveness of and optimize these marketing campaigns, these technologies track activity taken across devices after a user sees a MH Health Coaching ad, in order to determine performance metrics like sign ups, visits to the Platform, and purchases. We undertake these activities based on our legitimate interest in acquiring new customers and offering products we think you may be interested in. Any questions regarding how these social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such third party platform.
- Aggregated Data – We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we render in such a way that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other pseudonymised information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- Third Party Applications – If you choose to connect your MH Health Coaching account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook and Google+ you may be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. Content that you share with Facebook will appear on your timeline and in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. Content you share with Google will be seen by the people from your Google+ circles when they visit your Google+ profile, make relevant Google searches, on Google-served ads, and the services selected in your Google account settings.
- Protecting our Rights – We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors, officers, or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the MH Health Coaching community.
- To Our Affiliates – To enable and support us in providing the Platform and Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within the MH Health Coaching Group. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Platform globally.
Cookies and Similar Technology
MH Health Coaching maintains appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information we collect or store and to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons that may be involved with our processing operations. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
MH Health Coaching is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 16 in the EEA, or 13 in the United States and the rest of the world, is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 16 or 13, as the case may be, or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 16 or 13, as applicable, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Exercising Your Rights
In some jurisdictions, including the EU/EEA, you may exercise any of the rights described in this section. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
- Data Access and Portability
- You may be entitled to request copies of your personal information held by us. While a lot of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed in your account Settings, you may also be entitled to request copies of personal information you have provided to us in machine-readable format.
- Change or Correct Data
- Where you cannot update data yourself through an account, you have the right to ask us to correct change, update or rectify your data.
- Data Retention and Deletion
- We generally retain data for as long as your account is in existence or as needed to provide the Platform. However, specific retention times can vary based on context of the processing we perform and on our legal obligations.
- You have the right to ask us to delete all or some of the personal data we hold about you. If you have an account, you can also delete your account through the Settings at any time as described below.
- We may need to retain some of your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (e.g. to prevent fraud and abuse and maintain and enhance security).
- Objection to Processing
- You may object to processing your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing).
- If you object to such processing MH Health Coaching will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or obligations.
- Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, under certain circumstances, ask MH Health Coaching to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing
- Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Withdrawing Consent
- Where you provide consent to the processing of your personal information by MH Health Coaching, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account Settings or by sending a communication to MH Health Coaching specifying the specific consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by MH Health Coaching before a competent data protection authority.